Sales of the new generation of Mini Countryman started in Russia on February 16, 2017. According to dealers, first vehicles have already arrived to showrooms, and car’s price starts from 1’690’000 RUR.
Mini Countryman is a premium subcompact crossover. The first generation of model appeared in Russia in 2010, its interim face-lift happen in 2014. More than 540 thousand cars of the first generation were sold all over the world.
The new MINI Countryman is some 20 centimeters longer than its predecessor and approximately 3 centimeters wider. Among other novelties – central instrument with touchscreen function, electrical and touchless tailgate control (light foot waving under the bonnet, the tailgate opens), and a Picnic Bench – a flexible surface that folds out of the luggage compartment and provides seating for two people.
The new generation is available in Russia in 5 trims – three petrol – Cooper, Cooper ALL4, Cooper S ALL4, and two diesels – Cooper D ALL4, Cooper SD ALL4.
Admirers of diesel units have a choice of 2-liter engines of 150 and 190 horsepower. They are paired with all-wheel drive and 8-speed Steptronic transmission.
The petrol configuration is represented by a 1.5-liter engine (136 HP) and 2.0 (192 HP) with 6- or 8-speed Steptronic transmission and all-wheel drive. Cooper version with a 1.5 liter engine could be equipped by 6-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive.
In Europe, the crossover will be sold with a hybrid powertrain also. It is not likely to appear in Russia.
Fans of Mini brand don’t have any direct competitor of that car, but other drivers have the following options:
- Audi Q2 – in Europe from June 2016. We probably see it in the second half of 2017. Price – from 24’900 Euros.
- Infiniti Q30/QX30 – its sale started in 2016. Price – from 2’020’000 RUR.
- BMW X1 – the 2nd generation is available from 2015. Price – from 1’850’000 RUR.
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-class – the current generation are in showrooms from 2014. Price – from 2’170’000 RUR.
- Smart Forfour – on sale from 2015. Price – from 830’000 RUR.